Tuesday, March 19, 2019

BS Games People Play



The other day I was flipping through a few AM radio stations just to hear their current format. I didn’t expect to hear something new because, as I hear it, nothing seems to have changed much since the 1950's, when AM was the only choice on the radio.

Well, that’s not exactly true. Because today, unfortunately, Rush Limbaugh can be heard, loud and clear, via one of the classic stations in Metro Detroit.

I’m not a Rush fan.

Before I switched back to FM, I caught these few seconds of his “rant”. Limbaugh blasted something like… the New Zealand murderer, “is actually a leftist trying to smear his political enemies… the shooter says he’s not a conservative, not a Christian and that he identifies as an eco-fascist, which would make him a supporter of the Green New Deal. He adds that he disagrees with Trump on politics.”

“Rush”, I thought, “you are clearly insane.”

“But I’m sure you’re raking in the big bucks spewing your brand of crap.”

“I wonder”, I thought further, “how much longer will people listen to you play your brand of BS game.”


#downriverusa #rondbaker

Joe South - Games People Play - 1968


No comments: