So. The game is rigged against us. Anything new here? No. Nothing will change until more of us realize just how messed up the system is and then go - en masse - to D.C. and make the wheels of government turn for us, the 99.9%. What might we make the government do? Here are a few suggestions:
- Reverse Citizen's United vs. Federal Election Commission
- Repeal three, Bill of Rights busting laws: the USA PATRIOT Act, the Military Commission Act and the National Defense Authorization Act.
- Re-establish the Glass-Steagall Act
- Abolish the CIA
- Establish a national public works program and fix our infrastructure
- Adopt a Robin Hood tax
- Facilitate local, sustainable, distributed energy systems throughout the nation.
- Retrieve the trillions of dollars now being expended through the "Deep Black Opps Budget" and put it to use serving the needs of the people by creating decent paying employment and returning the billions of dollars stolen from the 99.9% during Depression.2