Saturday, October 29, 2016

Rooftop Perspective


A young friend recently complained that life had passed him by. That the days of making a good livin’ were gone and he was condemned to a life of minimum wages, no home of his own, no woman and definitely a whole lot of misery.

Then, he declared, “That’s why I’m voting for Mr. T. He’s an outsider and he’ll put it to those Washington politicians.”

“They” will get what they deserve and Mr. T will make sure my life will be easier – manufacturing jobs will be back, education won’t be a requirement for good wages and I’ll have a retirement and healthcare package, just like the blue-collar workers had 50 or 60 years ago.

Whew, I thought. Are you sure you want to be putin’ all your eggs in one basket? I mean, thinkin’ the Mr. T person can even deliver all that. Assumin’ that he tries, – and his history doesn’t show a whole lot of tryin’ for anyone but himself  – all you're wishin' for is a whole lot to swallow.

I didn’t say it to him this time, but I sure thought it again.

If you want something bad enough I know you can have it. You just have to make step # one towards your goal and then each day take another step in that direction. Then, before you know it, you will end up where you want to be.

In my friend’s case, if he wants a better job, I recommended considering an emerging industry… like solar. Go find a job in that industry and learn everything you can about it. Before you know it, you’ll be livin’ the life you want.

Step one? Look no further than today’s news and read about Mr. Elon Musk’s solar roof tiles*.

You know? Up on the Roof…that’s a good place to start.


*Elon Musk wants to sell people solar roofs that look great. Here's his much anticipated designIvan Penn, Russ Mitchell, 28 Oct 2016Los Angeles Times. 


No comments: