Friday, February 23, 2018

These Kids Will Not Give Up

Elizabeth Love, senior, West High School, Salt Lake City, Utah
Credit: screen capture KSL.com CH5
A powerful force for gun control has been unleashed.

I’m a teenager. And I’m fed up with adults’ excuses for weak gun laws, Elizabeth Love, West High School, Salt Lake City, Utah, Vox, 21 Feb 2018.

"In two months I will turn 18, and in November I will vote in my first election. So will many of the students at Marjory Stoneman Douglas, and those watching across the country. I will make sure that every candidate I support is fighting for commonsense gun regulations. I will do my best to make sure that my vote prevents my children needing to learn how to use their desks to stop bullets. And as the students of Marjory Stoneman Douglas have courageously shown, I will not be alone in this fight."

"The NRA and its supporters in Washington pushed away every commonsense regulation that would protect our schools, but they pushed too far. Now an entire generation is pushing back."

Elizabeth Love is a senior at West High School in Salt Lake City, Utah. Her writing has been featured in the Huffington Post and the Salt Lake Tribune. Find her on Twitter @lizlove000.

Please go here for her whole article.
And, here for her KSL, CH 5 interview.



No comments: