Wednesday, October 31, 2018

Feeling Vulnerable Today?

Street art by Banksy.
Feeling a bit vulnerable today? I am.

I feel like someone has taken my home away.

Through the years, countless courageous men and women have given their lives to defend our Constitution. Most, I reckon, really did believe they were serving in defense of freedom, for those they loved.

But, today, the man holding our nation's highest office has abandoned his solemn oath, it looks like, in favor of his never-ending quest for power by sowing hatred among us.

"I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will faithfully execute the Office of President of the United States, and will to the best of my Ability, preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the United States." "So help me God"

To help push back my fears for our nation’s future, I sought out a comforting prayer, the Prayer of St. Francis. It may help you, too.

Lord make me an instrument of your peace
Where there is hatred let me sow love
Where there is injury, pardon
Where there is doubt, faith
Where there is despair, hope
Where there is darkness, light
And where there is sadness, joy
O divine master grant that I may
not so much seek to be consoled as to console
to be understood as to understand
To be loved as to love
For it is in giving that we receive
it is in pardoning that we are pardoned
And it's in dying that we are born to eternal life
Amen

Sarah McLachlan - Prayer of St. Francis - 2013


The Official Sarah McLachlan
Sarah McLachlan and students from The Sarah McLachlan School of Music come together this holiday season with the Prayer of St. Francis.

No comments: