Monday, June 17, 2019

Smarter & Wiser This Time


“I always get to where I’m going by walking away from where I have been.”Art credit: www.panmacmillan.com
I’m looking for a miracle this morning. I'm prayin’ that we’ll be smarter this time than to be deceived by the same people that fed us all B.S. last time. That’s when we launched the biggest blunder in U.S. history - the Iraq and Afghanistan wars.

All along I thought nothing could top the War in Vietnam on the Premier Blunder of All Time Hit Parade. I was wrong. How dumb to think that we couldn't top the stupidity of the Vietnam War.

In 2002 / 2003, I hope you remember, thousands fruitlessly protested in the streets against going to war. We chanted and cried to no avail. The U.S. neocons were determined to murder hundreds of thousands of innocent people – ours and theirs – for the glory of the U.S. empire, I reckon.

So we did it. We went to war.

Have we forgotten that the reasons the administration gave for going to war were proven to be bogus? They lied so they could murder, pillage, destroy and create wealth for a select few.

I know that sounds harsh. Back then, we all so dearly prayed that our leaders were justified and acted honorably in our behalf.

Sadly, they did not.

You know, as I do, that their blunder has drained trillions of dollars of our national treasure. And, yet, it is still not over. It will never really be over. Our grandchildren will be paying for this insane adventure for the rest of their lives.

Still, that’s just money. Worse, in my mind, is the depravity of it all.

And they are doing it all once again. In Mr. Bolton’s demented mind it’s well past time to take out the Iranians. It’s their turn to feel Uncle Sam’s righteous wrath. But maybe this time our allies are standing up to his neocon bluster.

We, the people of the United States, should know better by now.

This time we must out the psychopaths for their insanity.

It’s time we show that we have learned a thing or two and to be smarter and wiser. This time, let's... get to where we're going by walking away from where we have been.

Fleetwood Mac - Little Lies - 1987



No comments: