Often, we hear that so-and-so in some faraway place really hates us.
The story goes… they hate so much because we have democracy, McDonald’s, drive SUVs or have such a high standard of living. Whatever the reason, they really, really hate us! That’s why they are anti-American or even terrorists.
Have you ever wondered who actually hates Americans the most?
Well, I have, too.
I’ve done a massive amount of research to cipher it out. And, you will be surprised because I’ve discovered something I never thought I’d find. I’ve uncovered that the people who hate Americans the most are… Americans! Yes, those very same people who proudly proclaim to be loyal Americans and steadfast defenders of the Constitution!
Of course, I had to extrapolate my findings by choosing from among those countless people from around the world whom we think will do us harm and only include those who have actually done or plan to do us harm. So, I concluded that only the harm-doers can be counted as the people who actually hate Americans.
The result? There is only one group… the Republicans… and only one person, in particular, President Trump… who qualify as American haters.
The proof? Well, just take a gander at the President’s budget and determine for yourself who is hurt the most.
Here are just a few highlights from Pres. Trump’s budget:
- Throw 24 million struggling Americans off the health insurance rolls
- Slash job training programs for the very same jobless white folks Pres. Trump claimed to represent
- Cut Meals on Wheels, hurting disabled and elderly white folks Pres. Trump claimed to represent
- Cut child care, hurting jobless white folks Pres. Trump claimed to represent
- Cut after-school programs and learning centers for the poor, hurting jobless white folks Pres. Trump claimed to represent
- Cut affordable housing and aid to the homeless, hurting jobless white folks Pres. Trump claimed to represent
- “Zero out” occupational safety training and economic growth assistance in distressed communities in Appalachia and the Mississippi Delta… hurting jobless white folks Pres. Trump claimed to represent
- Cut 23 of 46 long-distance Amtrak routes (mostly in rural areas) as well as Amtrak's Crescent train line, out of service since Hurricane Katrina wiped it out in late August 2005… hurting jobless white folks Pres. Trump claimed to represent*
Oh, yes, there is something more… slash every federal department budget that has anything to do with protecting Americans from the outrages of predatory capitalism and air / water pollution.
There you have it… more harm done to average Americans in one budget proffered by our own President and his Congress than could possibly be accomplished by any terrorist group in 100 years.
* Has the Trump budget blown Republican’s cover?, Neal Gabler, Bill Moyers, billmoyers.com, 25 Mar 2017.
Go here for Trump's budget compared with other recent presidents