Wednesday, March 4, 2015

Everything is PR Spin


We have lost track of "truth" because we are so comfortable with PR spin. In fact, every message we see and hear every day - and there are thousands of them - are spins. The obvious: ads; whatever any political person says; the "news"; articles, magazines, films, billboards, your teachers; your minister, priest, etc.; your doctor, your neighbor, your children and your mom and dad. Every message you see and hear is loaded to some degree with someone's spin.

Consider Global Warming. If I lived near the beach in Virginia or Florida and the ocean started coming into my home, I'd try to do something to protect my property. Wouldn't you? It makes no difference if the change is caused by Global Warming, too much human-generated carbon or changes in the sun. The water is coming in right now. So I'd stop denying and start moving.

How about you?

So it makes no difference which spin message I accept or don't accept. The truth is, no matter how much spin the PR people try to add to convince me that it is not happening, the water at the doorstep makes it real.

If you live in the U.S., you already know to expect the PR Spin... just don't forget to use your brain and get out of the water.

PR Firms Are Killing the Planet, by Lewis Beale, The Daily Beast, 03 March 15



No comments: