|Inestimably Precious… |
“I only regret that I have but one life to lose for my country.” – Nathan Hale (21)
"Two-thirds of Republicans want Trump to retain major political role; 44% want him to run again in 2024," according to a recent Pew Research Center survey. And, according to a recent Reuters survey, "21 million Americans say Biden is ‘illegitimate’ and Trump should be restored by violence."
Rupert Murdock’s FOX “alternative facts” machine, Fox News, boasts the largest cable news audience in the U.S. More than 3 million avid fans of his chief, hate-mongering misinformation specialist, Tucker Carlson, make his cable show, Tucker Carlson Tonight, the highest-rated show on cable, according to Nielsen.
These are the real “Trump-Republican” facts at this moment in time.
So, what’s the problem?
The problem is that the above “facts” reflect not only a deluded* "Trump-Republican" supporter base but also a delusional** "Trump-Republican” universe rather than the one in which we reside.
Here are ten reasons why.
10. No Republican voted for American Rescue Plan of 2021, the $1.9 trillion coronavirus rescue package created to help the people of the United States recover from the devastating economic and health effects of the COVID-19 pandemic. Every Republican voted against stimulus checks and unemployment benefits to help everyday Americans get back on their feet.
9. Republicans refuse tax reform to tax the wealth... even to fund the IRS...to audit the wealthy and corporations and collect tax monies owed the United States.
8. Republicans have blocked raising the minimum wage to $15/hr. That single act, passing the $15 minimum wage would drastically change life for the better for about 20% of working Americans.
7. Republicans do not support unions and have for decades actively worked to destroy the union movement which played the leading role in the creation of the American middleclass. Further, Republican support of "right to work" laws in twenty-eight states have enabled corporations to exploit their employees in a host of ways, such as: reducing or eliminating healthcare benefits; refusing cost of living pay increases; ending retirement benefits; shifting good paying jobs to low-cost countries like China, Vietnam, etc.
6. Republicans stood idle and mute when Trump rolled back child labor protections, job safety laws and eliminate overtime pay.
5. Republicans have repeatedly blocked healthcare expansion on both federal and state levels.
4. Republicans have repeatedly tried to abolish Social Security since its creation in the 1935.
3. From his first day in office Donald Trump ordered his cabinet secretaries and administration managers to commit malfeasance in office by actively sabotaging and disrupting the functions of the departments they head.
2. Every Republican voted for Trump's tax cut for the wealthy and corporations. Some 83% of benefits of that Republican tax cut have gone and will continue to go to the richest 1% over 10 years. Corporations have used their savings to buy back their stock to boost per share prices... some fired sizable portions of their employees... none returned jobs to the U.S. or returned their overseas-hidden corporate profits back to the U.S.
1. In every state of the union and in the Congress of the United States, Republicans have repeatedly and maliciously worked to obstructed and deprived Americans of their right to vote.
Still, the most compelling reason not to support the Republican Party or any Republican running for elected office, is this fact:
Today the Trump-Republican Party is united in support of Donald Trump's 9/11 coup, which he organized and perpetrated in overthrowing the United States Constitution and the government of the United States following his 2020 election defeat. The Republican Party is actively ostracizing, unseating, or otherwise forcing from office all ten congressional republicans who voted to impeach Donald Trump for his treachery.
For you, your children and grandchildren, please, give some thought to the inestimably precious nation you are surrendering by supporting Donald Trump and the Trump-Republicans.
* “Deluded” as in tricked or deceived
** “Delusional” as in believing things in spite of indisputable evidence to the contrary