Wednesday, June 24, 2015

That Rotten Secret Smell

So, we will have a secret “trade” deal – despite the fact that most of us “joe and jane lunch buckets” whether Republican, Democrat or Libertarian don’t want it. 

Why don’t we want it? The answer is simple: We don’t know what it is. It is secret. We have been forbidden to review it prior, and now, even for four years after the thing metastasizes into a “law”.

Is it just me? Or, do you, too, smell something rotten?

As for me, I’d rather keep our Republic and our Constitution rather than let our own elected representatives, now blatantly the handmaidens of the global banks and corporations, run the clock backwards and remake us all into medieval surfs.

Just like all of us who served or are serving in the military, our elected representatives did swear an oath to support and defend the Constitution of the United States.

Is that oath now just another piece of trash kicked to the curb?

What will we do now?

Oath of Office, U.S. Senate
I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; that I take this obligation freely, without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion; and that I will well and faithfully discharge the duties of the office on which I am about to enter: So help me God.

No comments: